Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is eligible to register for the 5th Congress of the WCCJ?
The 5th Congress of the WCCJ is open for member courts and organizations that have received an invitation letter from the Constitutional Court of Indonesia and/or the Venice Commission.
2. How do I register fully?
- Register your court or organization through the registration portal in the invitation letter.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from the host with a link to activate your account.
- Log in using email and password to your account through the login portal on the website.
- Input all your details*. Please use only standard English characters in the form. Hotels and cultural program options are in the left-hand bar. Please identify any dietary needs and clothing size in due course.
3. What are registration portal - login portal?
Registration portal is the portal for registering the account of your court or organization. Find the link to the registration portal in the invitation letter.
Login portal can be accessed only if you have activated your account. Login portal is the portal for registering your delegation. An account activation notification will be sent to the email you use in the registration.
4. Why can’t I register?
- You can register only if all required information in the form is filled (name, measurements, photo, etc.). Then, please click the submit button at the bottom of the page.
- Information on flight, hotel, and cultural program can be filled later.
- Only up to 4 members can be registered.
- If you need to change the information that has already been inputted, please send a message to [email protected]
5. What happens if I am participating virtually?
You have to register your court or organization as well as input the details of your delegation. Registered participants will be informed of the virtual Congress link in due course.
6. Do I have to upload my photo?
Yes. The photo of participants will be in assistance for our protocol team and the liaison officers. Please upload a photo that with a maximum file size of 5MB.
7. Do I need to book my own hotel?
- Yes. A list of partner hotels is available on the website. Special prices for the partner hotels are accessible in the login portal.
- Following the decision of the WCCJ Bureau, only accommodation for up to two delegates of Member Courts from Least Developed Countries are covered.
8. Will there be hotel shuttle service?
The airport transfer and a shuttle from the partner hotels to the meeting and dinner venue (and vice versa) will be provided. The shuttle is not dedicated specifically to one delegation.
At hotels outside of the partner hotels and for activities outside the Congress agenda, shuttle will not be provided. Should you need shuttle for personal matters, find recommended transportation providers on the website.
9. Do I need to register for the dinner?
All participants are invited for the dinner. There is no need to register. Find the program for dinner here.
10. Do I need a Visa?
Please check here for detailed information on Visa arrangement.
In principle, there are several types of Visa for entering Indonesia:
- Visa exemption
- Visa on Arrival
- E-Visa (If you wish to use the E-Visa, please send an official request with all required documents to the Secretariat at [email protected])
11. What are the COVID-19 requirements before arriving and during the Congress?
- To qualify as fully-vaccinated, a person must have received all recommended doses in their primary series of COVID-19 vaccine. Check the information here.
- A booster dose is not required.
- A health check will be performed by authorized health personnel at the airport, where an RT-PCR test will be conducted upon arrival if the individual exhibit COVID-19 symptom(s) or if body temperature is measured at above 37.5C.
- Current regulation mandates masking indoors. A COVID-19 pack will be included in your welcome bag.
- Please check Indonesia’s current COVID-19 protocols regularly.
12. I can’t receive a complete dose of Covid-19 vaccination
The National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB) is ready to grant exemption. Please send the following documents to the host court:
- Official letter from the doctor or hospital that states that the participant is not able to receive the vaccination, along with its medical explanation
- Information on active passport number
- Information on flight details
The host court will send all documents altogether to the Agency no later than September 6, 2022. The Agency will issue a letter of exemption and distribute it to the field staff at the airport in order to allow the participant to enter Indonesia without certificate.
13. What happens when I arrive at the airport?
- A representative of the host court will greet you upon arrival in the I Gusti Ngurah Rai Airport (Bali airport). To assure this, please input your updated itinerary upon registration.
- Upon arrival, the host court will assist you with necessary protocol arrangement.
- You will be transported to your selected hotel by a shuttle prepared by the host court.
- One (1) liaison officer will be assigned to assist the delegations of the WCCJ member courts.
(If you have a transit flight in Jakarta, please inform your itinerary to the Secretariat.)
14. Will there be interpretation?
Yes, there will be simultaneous interpretation to and from the official languages of the WCCJ (Arabic, English, French, German, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish).
15. What is the dress code?
- Please wear formal attire (suit) for all the Congress agenda.
- Batik shirts will be prepared (by the host court) for the Gala Dinner.
16. Do I need to register for the cultural program?
You need to register for the cultural activities on the left side of your delegation’s login portal. Please be informed that there is a quota for each destination.
17. I have special dietary needs
Please fill in the details in the login portal in case you have food allergies.
18. I have special needs
Please let the host court ([email protected]) know directly if you need any assistance.
ACCOMMODATION AND TRANSPORTATION